I have to say that I just love anything with Almond in it, especially Almond biscuits. Yummy, the way to my heart is through these treats!
Now these are not hard to make at all, and taste amazing added with the fact that they are Gluten free. Ok there is a little sin in the amount of sugar, but its that indulgence you will want to be seduced by once you have tried them.
I have broken the recipe down in a very simple format as there is not much involved besides weighing all your ingredients first, then mixing them well and rolling out to shape them. Oh lets not forget baking them which is the obvious part, and last but not least the part I struggle with at times is waiting for them to cool and rest before demolishing them!!! Hahaha.
Well here is the recipe and if you get stuck please contact me so I can help.
Do you want to re create those dynamic Italian biscuits that you find in pastry shops all over Italy? To view Chef Adam's secret recipe, just click.
- Almond meal blanched - 1.1kg/38.8oz
- Castor sugar - 1kg/35oz
- Honey - 50g/1.7oz
- Vanilla essence - 50ml/1.69fl oz
- Egg whites - 380g/13.4oz
- Egg Yolks - 40g/1.41oz
- Orange essence - 10ml/.33fl oz
- Almond Essence - 10ml/.33fl oz
- Corn syrup - 20g/.70oz
- Almond flakes - 450g/15.83oz
1. Preheat the oven to 160c/320f.
2. Weigh out all ingredients and add to a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed till all combined and forms a soft, but sticky dough. (Reserve the almond flakes for the final part)
3. Now take the cookie dough out and weigh it into 25g/.88oz balls and roll into the almond flakes. Make them long shaped and allow the almond flakes to cover the dough as in the picture.
4. Place the rolled biscuits onto a baking sheet and place into the pre heated oven. Bake for 15 mins then rotate 180 degrees to get an even bake. Bake for a further 10 mins or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
5. Allow to cool for at least 30 mins before enjoying. As always the best results come from measuring the ingredients first, mixing them and being patient to wait for the final result. Dont let let the magic be spoilt by being in a rush to enjoy these treats, there will be plenty of time to finish them off.
Was this recipe worth any value to you?
As I do this for free, your contribution to keep me a float is much appreciated.
So please click the donate button on the left hand side and show your support to the food ministry you have come to love.
Thank you so much
Chef Adam Massimo