I know its been a little while since I posted a recipe, but I have been very busy making new dishes at my new kitchen. Decided to create this special Portuguese tart for the customers buying their morning coffee and its a wonderful treat for all.
Here is the recipe, so lets see what you can create.
- Sheets puff pastry - 2 ( home made is great, but lots of work. So find a good butter Puff)
- Egg yolks - 3
- Castor sugar - 115g/4 oz
- Corn flour - 2 Table spoons
- Thick cream - 230ml/7.7 Fl Oz
- Full cream milk - 170ml/5.7 Fl Oz
- Vanilla beans de seeded - 2
1. Use a pastry cutter to cut out circle disks to fit the tart tin.
2. Heat the milk, cream and vanilla bean over low heat.
3. Combine the yolks and sugar in a separate bowl, then add to the cream mixture.
4. Stir regularly to cook out the eggs in the cream mix.
5. Add the corn flour and cook out till thick and coats the back of a spoon.
6. Once custard is thick, strain into a bowl and cool completely.
7. Once custard is cool, pipe into the tart shells. (Only fill 1/4 full they will spill over). Bake in oven 180c/356 f. For 25 mins. Allow to cool in pan for 5 mins, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely and serve.
Please +1 this post on Google, share it on your Facebook and tweet on Twitter to your friends. The sharing buttons are on the left hand side of the post.
Was this recipe worth any value to you?
As I do this for free, your contribution to keep me a float is much appreciated.
So please click the donate button on the left hand side and show your support to the food ministry you have come to love.
Thank you so much
Chef Adam Massimo